A walk to remember


Monday of the current week, marked the start of my modified routine. From now on I no longer take the last trip on the bus to get home, instead I do what any environmentally concerned and thrifty citizen would do. WALK.


Now I know that in different parts of the Earth this is the typical mode for getting home. But when you live in the hustling and bustling streets of the city and your school is located in probably the most traffic jammed avenue in the country the best way for you to get to your destination without getting smothered by all the smog {which could possibly bring you lung cancer} is by vehicle.


Clearly I am a novice at walking. {Go ahead virtually judge me}


Like any other firsts you really aren’t aware of what to expect. So I take my first steps and pray that I may not be mugged and robbed on the way. Being totally new to this I realized that the route I took was the longest one {*Sigh. No wonder, it was taking forever to get there} Despite this I decided to look at the bright side, and appreciate the simple things around me {and the fact that I’m getting more exercise}


Internalizing my first day on the new routine at home I thought of sharing it here so the following morning I packed my digital camera and made a self notice to take pictures on the way.




Start of my walk



Zig Zag road.




Not even close to my destination yet.
{this photo is 5 minutes of walking}



Its day 3 now of my new routine and I can really say I am quite enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What You Mean!