On a Platter: Pink De Luxe

Since fashion is a field I am fond of delving in, it will surely find a place in this blog.




Recently I have found an effective way to utilize all the pieces in my closet, so that every garment or piece of jewelry will get adequate amounts of air time and will not be left neglected at the back of my drawers.


So I basically remind myself to choose a certain color scheme or palette for the month which I will build my outfits around. To illustrate to you, for example my color scheme for the month is cerulean blue and silver. I then have to incorporate these colors into every outfit I wear for the month. May it be in clothing, jewelry or make-up form. So I can opt to wear a Cerulean blue maxi- skirt, a cream loose v-neck polo with a silver bib necklace one day, but can also put on a ditsy “little-house on the prairie” yellow dress with blue accessories the other.


To remind myself what palette I have chosen for the month and to continually inspire me to think of outfits with that color I will interpret the color scheme onto a decorative plate, choosing little knick knacks, accessories, makeup etc. That goes with the palette.


This segment of my blog will be called….



Since I will display the said palette on one of my collections of decorative plates.


 I woke up this morning and throughout the day my mood was unusually girly. Frills, lace, tutus  were what cycled my mind while I was working on projects.
Due to this unusually feminine state I was inclined to incorporate it in my color palette.


 I choose to add a darker shade of gold while keeping the pinks muted and not “vomit” loud.


{ from top left to right }

1) Gold Bow Ring, The Black Box accessories, www.theblackboxaccessories.blogspot.com
2) Sugar coat Megalast nail polis, Wet and Wild, www.wnwbeauty.com
3) Rhinestone pink bow necklace, Forever 21, www.forever21.com
4) Pink Russian Doll necklace, Forever 21, www.forever21.com
5) Pink daisy earrings, Forever 21, www.forever21.com
6) Engraved hear stud earrings, Forever 21, www.forever21.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What You Mean!