Failures and Firsts

So as you have noticed for the past few weeks I have been totally M-I-A ….. for various reasons which I shall expound and elaborate on now.

You see lately things just haven’t seemed to go the way I picture them to be. Remember how I left you in the midst of hell week and I gave you my word that I would be posting more when finals are done well…. After the exams were over I ended up becoming more stressed than usual.

So just to keep you updated I would like to share with you a few events that transpired while I was gone.

1)      I failed my first exam L



Not to brag and boast but I have never in my whole life, have EVER, Failed an exam, not a single one.  So when I got my paper and computed for the passing mark my heart broke into a million pieces when I saw how far I was from passing, 3 points far actually. (I’ll skip telling you what subject it is but to my consolation most of my classmates got low marks as well)



*Sigh* My clean record, flushed down the toilet, the clean sheet of paper symbolizing my permanent record stained by one mistake, the white wall of non-failing marks dirtied by this stupid exam. FML.



It took a while for me to accept this, I just couldn’t believe that I failed something, me failing something, its heartbreaking.

But through prayer, meditation and some quotes from the internet my appalling and dreadful feelings towards my grades have sort of simmered down. {It still hurts though… occasionally}



Our business in life is not to succeed, but to continue to fail in good spirits. ~Robert Louis Stevenson’



It took me a while but now I sort of have a grasp of the idea that failing is just part of life. It’s just another step to success, if you come to think of it nobody triumphs without failing first. So I guess I shouldn’t be too hard on myself, the past is the past…



2)      Fair prepping



When I was invited by one of my colleagues to be her ‘co-head’ for the fair food committee I readily said yes not knowing what was to come. This is my first time to be part of the fair committee and I was slightly eager about it.



Seriously I really thought being part of the food committee was just plain free food tasting this and free food that… Well it was sort of like that in the beginning, I was even  worried because I wasn’t doing anything as a co-head and I felt kind of useless, but after the exams…. All the work started to come in… which is one factor that contributed to the stress I was feeling.



We had to call more concessionaires because we were lacking and if we lacked our school mates wouldn’t have booths. We had to deal with female doggy- ish owners (oh by the way I DO NOT recommend eating in a certain Japanese restaurant in the Regis Center in Katipunan, yes I admit the food is great but the is it worth the bad service…. ) We had to type, print, and type information sheets, and contracts. We had to run around the school calling for meetings and orienting classes about their fair duties.



We spent so many hours in the APSA office but thankfully our ‘fair hell week’ is over and all tasks are semi-accomplished. Just a few more things to do and were done with our fair prepping duties. Plus for the duration of the fair I get the privilege of being granted an ALL ACCESS PASS. Thank love!



3)      Learning all about food preservation and making delicious Pineapple Jam

I study in an all girls school so THE (technology and home economics) class is part of the curriculum. This quarter we learned all about food preservation and the different methods. Personally I found this topic quite interesting because I find it reassuring that Companies and factories actually make an effort to reduce the number of bacteria in the products they send out to the consumers. Of course we tried some of these methods  ourselves. Our group was assigned to Longganisa and Pineapple Jam.

I wasn’t really stoked about the 2 choices we got. I am, unlike most of my family, not too fond of Longganisa, I don’t know I guess it’s just not my type. Plus if I was given a choice I would pick Mango Jam over Pineapple any day. But I guess Serendipity put me to these 2 and after our THE class our group ended up having a nice lunch. The Longganisa was pretty good, best I’ve ever tasted, and the pineapple Jam was…. Oh my gosh I cant even explain it… it was so damn good. I’d be happy to share these recipes with you but I’m not making any promises. Plus I sort of lost the recipe and still set to finding it.



4)      Halloween!

Surprisingly I am excited to celebrate Halloween! Just so you know my family has never been to the whole Halloween celebrating thing. To be honest I have never even experienced walking the streets and begging for candy or trick or treating. I have dressed up and put on a costume on some occasions but it’s not like what I have prepared for , for this year. Halloween usually coincides with our fair which is why the first day is always costume day. I am very excited to share with what I will be sporting on costume day. Look forward to a post about it anytime this week.




P.S

It feels good to be back to blogging ….




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What You Mean!