Jigged Stripe

Do you know of those times when you’re far from being pre-occupied and your PC just happens to be open?  What do you do? Well for the most part you end up flipping through your hard disks archives. Scanning at random photos from who knows when and thinking to yourself “Why the hell did I decide to save this picture!” After which the delete button is clicked and that unsightly but momentous photograph of you is sent flying to the recycling bin….  It won’t be long though before you gradually realize what a gaffe it was to get rid of it in the first place and thank the good Lord that recycling bins gave you a second chance to reconcile with previously dumped files.


If it wasn’t palpable I’ve been in this situation for quite a few times now. I like to refer to it as virtual nostalgia.





“Striped skirt”
I stumbled upon this folder during my virtual nostalgia trip a few weeks back. And it sort of messed with my mind a bit. I got curious and opened it up and this is what was inside.




Thank Goodness I saw this. The skirt in the photos is probably rotting in the back of my closet at this point. I had totally forgotten it existed.




I made this skirt early this year. I saw the striped cloth and it reminded me of a  “prada-esque” pattern which is one of reasons  why I was compelled to make it into this. The striped pencil skirt being my 2nd attempt at sewing has multiple problems and is closer to hearing ‘Viersen’ from Heidi Klum than making it into New York fashion week. Nonetheless I am happy with the outcome. Plus it doesn’t look too revolting in pictures right?





I don’t know how I got the idea of doing jump shots with this skirt…..First of all its VERY TIGHT, second of all ….. well ….. it’s a PENCIL skirt!. I think I might have eaten a piece of Wonderland that day.


This one sort of makes me look like a cheerleader. Which I am utterly and completely NOT, far from being one actually.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Say What You Mean!